Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Remember to eat Maine potatoes!"

"So how cool was it to see Homer Simpson flash a "Remember to eat Maine potatoes" tattoo on a recent episode of the long-running cartoon series? Better yet, this was honest homage: The Maine Potato Board didn't know about it until after the program ran."
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/viewpoints/editorials/060302spud.shtml

I would if I could, I honestly always looked for them (not those ones from Idaho!). It's so silly that I practically feel like crying right now because I can't eat Maine potatoes!

We eat a LOT of potatoes here; it's a huge part of the Estonian diet. I love them. And they're good, of course. But they are different -- they're more yellow than white.

But there's nothing like the food of home.

Lately I've been missing Oreos and Fluff.

Evelyn

P.S. That gives me an idea for my next tattoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Universalis