Monday, November 06, 2006

New life ... whole spirit, soul and body!

"I am a deceiver and a liar. There is a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I’ve
been warring against it all of my adult life. For extended periods of time, I would enjoy
victory and rejoice in freedom. Then, from time to time, the dirt that I thought was gone
would resurface, and I would find myself thinking thoughts and experiencing desires that
were contrary to everything I believe and teach.... When I stopped communicating about my problems, the darkness increased and finally dominated me. As a result, I did things that were contrary to everything I believe."

"Yet my hope rests steadfastly in the Lord who is forever faithful ... every man (woman and child) needs a Savior."

"Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." (Romans 6:4b)

We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocency, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.

We believe that repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.

We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.

We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.

We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I keep thinking that the "I-sin-every-day" alternative to "the privilege of ALL believers" leads inevitably to this kind of moral downfall -- of course not in everyone this dramatically, but it is to be expected!

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

I am so grieved, and scared! Like seeing a car accident on the road reminds you to drive more carefully!

Let's continue to pray for our brothers and sisters!!

Evelyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Universalis