Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Business of Being Born

http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

I'm a birth junkie; I admit it! From the moment Chris was born (18 years and 5 months ago!), I've been obsessed with childbirth. I've given birth myself three times and LOVED each birth. Lots of fun -- and I really mean that!

I remember when Elizabeth was born (12.5 years ago), the nurse THANKED me. I think she had never seen a woman give birth like that, under her own power, on the floor (!).

Then I had Peter (4 years and 3 months ago) -- my home birth baby, was was "supposed" to be born at a birthing center. Crazy birth, with paramedics who had absolutely NO idea what they were doing. My most painful labor (just me and Tim at that point). But wonderful!

I was a Bradley teacher for a few years, and it still seems to me to be the best "method" out there: http://www.bradleybirth.com/

Though of course, the best method of all is just listening to your own body and doing what it wants to do!

Evelyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Universalis