Friday, February 13, 2009

plane crashes, abortion, heart attacks, the Holocaust

Why is it easier to feel sympathy, pain, concern, worry, grief for victims of plane crashes, heart attacks, and even the Holocaust -- than it is for the millions who die as the result of abortion?

One reason may be that we could all be the ones sitting in that airplane seat, or feeling those chest pains, or even become the persecuted people group -- but we know that none of us need ever personally fear being aborted. We've already been born, and we are "safe".

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . .
And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

JN 3:4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" -- or to be aborted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Universalis