Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday together. We woke up to find that the Easter bunny had visited, with some added surprises from Tim's parents and brother, who had recently sent packages with goodies. It was especially fun to watch Peter stare and point at it all, letting out little exclamations of excitement. At around 11:30, we had a family Easter dinner with a 6 pound turkey (the biggest we could find), mashed potatoes, corn, peas, fresh bread, home made stuffing, pickles and olives. It was a nice way to celebrate the day.

We had a good time of worship in our Sunday service. We found that we had the Estonian works for many of our Easter favorites, like "Up From the Grave He Arose," and also had the tunes on our accompaniment CDs. I felt so uplifted as I sang each one. I was leading the meeting (Evelyn spoke), and I kept commenting on how special these songs were to me. We all shared in the joy of the resurrection!

It was a beautiful spring day, with blue skies and pleasant temperatures, so we had an Easter egg hunt in the yard with the kids, which was new for the Estonians. They had a lot of fun, and Ats, who got the most eggs, kept bragging, "Not bad for my first Easter egg hunt, huh?"

We finished the day at the homeless shelter, singing those same songs of hope with those who often feel hopeless. It brought our day to a satisfying end as we sang, "Ta elab, Ta elab, toob päästmist kõigile/ Sa küsid, kuidas seda tean: Ta elab südames" (He lives, He lives, salvation to impart. You ask me how I know He lives: He lives within my heart).
--Tim

Below are some pictures from Easter morning (click on the pictures for a larger view).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Universalis